Accessibility Statement for Abercelyn Country House
Section 1 Travel to Site
- In Llanycil opposite the Church on the A494 (Bala – Dolgellau) road (½-mile from Bala towards Dolgellau)
- Grid Reference: SH 914349 (OS Maps: OL18, 23 or Landranger 125)
- Latitude: North 52 deg. 54.058 minutes; Longitude: West 3 deg. 36.930 minutes
- Telephone: 01678 521 109 (international +44 1678 521 109)
- Car parking within the grounds of Abercelyn Country House:
- The main car park is at the front of the House with the car park entrance opposite Llanycil Church on the A494 (Bala – Dolgellau) road
- A secondary car park is located to the side of the House with the entrance 100m from Llanycil Church towards Bala on the A494 (use this car park for vehicles with trailers)
- Drop off points: see car parks above (not suitable for large buses – there is a lay-by on the A494 (Bala – Dolgellau) road in Llanycil
- Taxis: see car parks above
- Bus stops: The Arriva 94 bus service (Wrexham-Bala-Llanycil-Dolgellau-Barmouth) stops in Llanycil (Telephone: Traveline 0870-608 2608, Arriva Cymru: 01495-592 111)
Routes to Bala/Llanycil:
- By car from north: M56 Chester A483 Wrexham A5 Llangollen A494 Bala (A494 or A5104 are alternatives to A483)
- By car from east: M54 Telford A5 Shrewsbury A5 Llangollen A494 Bala (B4396 Knockin - Pen-y-bont - Llangynog B4391 is an alternative to A5/A494)
- By train: to Wrexham then bus to Llanycil (Arriva 94)
- By coach: National Express to Llangollen (seasonal) then bus to Llanycil (Arriva 94) (National Express telephone: 08705 808080, Disabled Persons Travel Helpline: 0121 4238479)
Section 2 Building Environs
House main entrance:
- Directly from the main car park via 12 steps (max. height 21-cm), approx. 25-m distance
- Directly from the secondary car park via 4 steps (max. height 50-cm), approx. 50-m distance (approx. 15-m distance with temporary car parking)
- The path & steps are slate and can be slippery when wet
- Lighting is provided to main and secondary car parks, main entrance and paths (at intervals)
Garden safety: The garden has a mountain stream running through it and parents must decide if their children require supervision when in the garden near the stream
Section 3 Building
- Steps and ramps: the main entrance has two steps (included in Section 2 above); ramps are not available
- Doors are conventional type; the minimum width is 75cm
- Recessed door mat with edging strips
- Floors and layout:
- Ground floor: guest’s lounge, dinning room and WC are accessed by a corridor which is mainly level apart from one door-threshold and one ramp, the minimum width is 75cm
- First floor: guest bedrooms all with en-suite bath/shower rooms (including WC); accessed by a staircase with banister (15 steps, minimum width 90-cm) and landing with banister
- No lift.
- Floor covering:
- Ground floor corridor: wooden floorboards & slate tiles with rugs.
- Guest’s lounge: fitted carpet and rug.
- Dinning room: floorboards.
- Bedrooms, landing and stairs: fitted carpet.
- Hall & stairs with access to all bedrooms
- Downstairs WC is available.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome (otherwise pets are not permitted).
- Assistance with heavy luggage is available upon request.
- Night bell: is provided on the first floor landing.
- TV with radio, teletext and remote control is provided each bedroom.
- Radio is provided in each bedroom.
- Task lighting is provided in bedrooms (table lights) & guest lounge (reading light).
- Well lit corridors, doors in contrasting colours.
- Mobile phone network service is available (a stronger signal is available outside the house).
- Accessible information: menus and registration forms available in large print, upon request.