The Bala Challenge Charity Walks
Walk in the stunning scenery of Snowdonia
Date: Saturday, 9 May 2015 - The 11th Bala Challenge!
Note that fund raising is optional or use the event to support your own fund raising
- A leisurely guided walk (2 hours)
- 8 miles along Bala Lake with return by steam railway
- 14 miles around Bala Lake
- 20 miles around Bala Lake and more - the challenge!
A range of walks around or along Lake Bala, through forests, over moorland with wonderful views and opportunity to see wildlife. Free car parking, feeding stations, transport if required, refreshments at the finish and a certificate!
You can raise money for your own charity, good cause, or club, or just enjoy the walk. For approved charities or good causes with a minimum entry of 10 walkers, a donation will be made to the charity returning a significant part of the entry fee. Please apply before the event. Runners may participate but start later, the event is not a race.
Important: the route is over farmland - dogs must be on a lead. Please be courteous to landowners & farmers.
Again we will be supporting charities and good causes, such as: North Wales Air Ambulance, the Mountain Rescue Service and local good causes.
Bala Challenge Slideshows:
- Bala Challenge Slideshow - the area, route and highpoints from previous walks!
- Bala Challenge Slideshow 2011
- Bala Challenge Slideshow 2012
- A guided walk (2 hours) with a local expert who will provide wildlife and history information, on footpaths with moderate uphill (please pre-register as there is a limited number of places)
- The Bala Lake Scenic Walk: an 8 mile walk with the option of returning by narrow-gauge railway
- The Bala Lake Circuit: a 14 mile walk around Lake Bala
- The Bala Challenge: a 20 mile walk around Lake Bala, including part of the Aran ridge
Important: the walk is over moorland and hills, up to 2,000 ft high (20 miles route), you will need appropriate footwear and clothing. Ask for advice if necessary. Bring a map case (or clear plastic bag) for the route information.
Services to participants include:
- Free car parking at the start (please register)
- Route description with local information notes
- Checkpoint, marshals and signs
- Return transport where required (cut-off times apply)
- Certificates for all finishers
- Feeding station at check-points
- Light Refreshments at the finish
- Assistance with problems.
The Last (2014) Bala Challenge:
Despite the rain another succesful Bala Challenge
Over 180 parcipants and over £2,000 raised
Thanks to Participants, Sponsors and helpers