Awards and recognition for Abercelyn Country House and Cottages
Llanycil, Bala, Gwynedd, Wales
- Visit Wales Gold Award 2012/13
- Featured in the Michelin Guide 2013
- Featured in The Guardian "Britain's Finest B&B Guide" for 2008
- Winner: Most Sustainable Tourism Business - Small Business Category, Green Tourism Award 2007
- Gold Award: Snowdonia Wildlife Gardening Project competition for 2008 (Business Category)
- 2nd: "Best wildlife Garden in Snowdonia" Snowdonia Wildlife Gardening Project competition for 2007 (Business Category)
- 3rd: "Best wildlife Garden in Snowdonia" Snowdonia Wildlife Gardening Project competition for 2006 (Business Category)
- Awarded: Environment, Community & Fine Food Stamps by Alastair Sawday
VisitWales Gold Award: The Gold Award rewards outstanding quality, exceptional comfort and hospitality in the serviced sector in Wales. The award also recognises businesses that have been successful in a Mystery Shopper exercise to test their customer interaction skills. Each and every one of the Gold Standard businesses achieved high quality scores in their most recent quality grading assessment undertaken by our Grading Assessors, and this has been confirmed through rigorous mystery customer testing.
Abercelyn Country House was chosen by the Wales Tourist Board as an example of grant assistance to an Assembly Member (Welsh National Assembly).
Abercelyn Country House was selected by Gwynedd Council (Tourism Department) to provide a short-break as the prize in a competition run through Tourist Information Centres.
Trail Magazine (Aran Fawddwy, Snowdonia Trail Route): fantastic B&B at Abercelyn, Llanycil (Spring 2011)