Welcome to Abercelyn Country House
Luxury accomodation in a delightful Grade II listed Georigian Country House
LOCATED in SNOWDONIA NATIONAL PARK with views towards LAKE BALA
Llanycil, Bala, LL23 7YF, Gwynedd, Wales, UK
Abercelyn Country House and gardens are located in the hamlet of Llanycil near Bala, Gwynedd, North Wales with easy access to many local activities, attractions and areas of outstanding natural beauty. We provide all our guests with a warm personal service in our comfortable hotel-luxury Bed and Breakfast accommodation.
Abercelyn is well situated to take advantage of various activities on offer around Bala (in Snowdonia National Park), and in particular the outstanding local water sports facilities and uncrowded walking over nearby mountain ranges.
The library at Abercelyn has guide books on cycling, walking & canoeing. There is a large lockable storage for plenty of bike and other sports equipment, wash facilities and a drying room available. Our landscaped garden is available for visitors to explore. The garden is great for bird watching and the surrounding area is rich in wildlife.
Features of our location are:
- Close to Bala (1km) with a range of restaurants, Inns, shops. Fine dining is also avaialble close by Bala.
- Views overlooking Lake Bala (Llyn Tegid) and the mountains.
- Swimming, fishing, canoeing and sailing at the lake.
- Ideal location for visiting other destinations in North Wales and Mid Wales.
- Near to nature reserves, beaches, lake sides, woodlands and bird reserves.
- Mountain and moorland walking & cycling (some starting from Abercelyn).
- Outstanding water-sport facilities including the National White-water Centre / Bala lake / River Dee.
- Golf at a rare hill-top Bala Golf Course (1km away) - guest players are welcomed.
- Penllyn Leisure Centre (0.5km away)adjancent to Lake Bala (indoor swimming & gym).
- Plane and train spotting locally and nearby,
- Castles, gardens, arts and crafts etc.
Exciting attractions in Snowdonia:
- Surf Snowdonia: inland surf park, separate fun activity pool, café-bar, and indoor soft-play.
- Bounce Below: and the world’s first subterranean playground of its kind.
- Zip World: Velocity, Titan and Caverns - with the longest zip line (8 km) in Europe and the fastest in the world and the worlds largest fully underground zip line course.
- Byd Mary Jones' World: Heritage Centre opposite Abercelyn Country House and walk.
Special Offers for Abercelyn guests:
- Ask us about discount offers other tourist attractions have if you are staying with us.